Things to do in seattle
Over the years the city has become known for its many Seattle attractions including coffee, technology, airplanes, medical facilities, and homegrown retailers such as Starbucks, Amazon, Nordstrom, REI, Boeing, Microsoft and Costco. Culturally it boasts a world class symphony, opera, ballet, theatres, a number of outstanding museums as well as an active music scene. Outdoor enthusiasts flock to Mt. Rainier, the Cascades and Olympics for mountain climbing, hiking, biking, skiing and fishing. If you are looking for things to do in Seattle this weekend, the recreation and entertainment possibilities here are endless.
When planning your stay, the Inn stands ready to help guide you. The hotel is within easy walking distance of most of the top 10 things to do in Seattle from art, music, theatre and shopping, to the city's professional baseball and football stadiums. Sights outside the core such as the city's eclectic neighborhoods, its acclaimed zoo, the fish ladder and boat locks in Ballard or the Seattle Center are easily accessible by public transportation, taxis, rental or flex cars. Should you choose not to 'do- it-yourself,' a number of Seattle tours stand ready to show you the sights.
To get a glimpse of the variety of the city's and the region's most popular offerings, click here to see a map of Seattle attractions near the Inn at the Market. Check out our events page to see a list of things to do in Seattle this weekend.
Top 10 Things To Do In Seattle:
- Pike Place Market
- Seattle Center: Space Needle, Chihuly Garden & Glass, Pacific Science Center, Monorail
- Seattle Waterfront: Seattle Aquarium & Seattle Great Wheel
- Pioneer Square and Seattle Underground Tour
- EverGreen Escapes
- Washington State Ferries to Bainbridge Island or San Juan Islands
- Sports: Seattle Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders or Thunder
- Ballard: Dining, Ballard Locks, Ray's Boathouse, Golden Gardens Park
- Kenmore Air: Seaplane to San Juan Islands
- Future of Flight Aviation Center and Boeing Tour